Every manufacturing company has a CEO (Chief Excel Officer) to manage BOMs in Excel. So you probably know the difficulties you may face, using Excel:
- You always get and send the correct version of the BOM.
- The lack of ability to give the right people access to view or edit the BOM.
- Copy-pasting errors and the human factor when transferring data from one BOM to another.
- Complexity in creating multi-level BOMs.
- Lack of the ability to see who made what changes, and when.
- Attach the correct version of PDF and instructions to the BOM.
- Automatic transfer of CAD quantities to the BOM.
- Automatically calculate rollup cost across multi-level BOMs.
These issues cause engineering and manufacturing delays and errors and increase costs.