OpenBOM continues to recognize the needs of individuals involved in makers communities, manufacturing enthusiasts, retired professionals doing homework, and other non-commercial users. With this release, we are adding a Free subscription for qualified non-commercial users. Non-commercial applicants must meet a few requirements which I have highlighted in the form below.
So, from now, you can get all features of the OpenBOM Professional User Subscription for free. OpenBOM is available for free personal use for individuals who are doing home-based, non-commercial design, manufacturing, and fabrication projects. Individuals must be learning for personal use. This usage must be outside of a company environment, commercial training, and outside of their primary employment. We also support individuals engaged in hobby businesses, retired professionals, or creating social media content, videos, blogs, or other web content.
What do I get?
OpenBOM for personal use includes all capabilities of OpenBOM Professional User subscription except:
- Online technical support
- Commercial integration included in Team, Company or Enterprise Subscriptions
- 3D Viewer
- My business is a sole proprietorship with no employees.
- My business (including parent entities) does not have any gross annual revenue.
- My business is designing its own new and innovative products. (Not intended for persons or businesses doing contract work for clients or for other businesses).
- If asked, I agree to share my experience with OpenBOM as a success story.
If making things is your hobby, OpenBOM will be a great help to what you do. You can use OpenBOM with tools like Autodesk Fusion 360, Onshape, Solidworks, and many others and stop worrying about how to organize a part list Excels, calculate the cost or make purchasing.
Request your non-commercial license to OpenBOM now using this link.
Best, Oleg @ openbom dot com.