May 15, 2020
Imagine you overcome your resistance to change and decided to leave Excel and move to OpenBOM. In this video today, I want to talk about what will happen to you if you do so.
If you’re an engineer working on design…
- You will create automatically Bill of Materials from the CAD system
- You will import all your BOMs from Excel (no manual data re-entry)
- You will eliminate manual reporting, automatic OpenBOM report/export will do the job
- You will get rid of annoying calls from people asking you to update the BOM
- People will stop asking you to send the last BOM file
- You change the design in CAD and BOM is updated automatically.
In addition, if you need to purchase parts…
- You will manage Quantity on Hands to control your stock level
- You will manage vendors and contact information aligned with catalogs.
- You will automate the process of planning capturing information from BOMs and generating RFQa and POs with visual and accurate information
Watch the video:
So, here is the summary of 4 nos and 1 yes.
1- NO SEARCH FOR DATA
2- NO CALLS FROM PEOPLE TO SEND UPDATED BOM
3- NO MANUAL CALCULATION
4- NO LAST MOMENT PURCHASE ORDERS
Finally… you will have free time to do some productive tasks and stop being Chief Excel Officer.
Check OpenBOM now by registering an account here.
Best, Oleg @ openbom dot com.