Happy New Year! The year 2020 is over and it was like nothing else we ever had a chance to experience. All the predictions and plans we made back a year ago, were thrashed by COVID-19 and the new reality was coming. I want to share my empathy and remember everyone who was affected by COVID-19, who became sick or lost their loved ones. It is a tragedy. Our hearts with all the people and businesses affected by the pandemic. At OpenBOM, we decided to contribute what we can and provided a FREE OpenBOM subscription to all engineers and companies working on COVID-19 medical projects.
At the same time, 2020 was a year that demonstrated the incredible power of digital tools and SaaS technologies we’re developing at OpenBOM. When engineers and manufacturing companies were forced to move to remote locations and work from home, OpenBOM tools enabled seamless availability, data sharing, and collaboration from any location in the world via the browser with no installation and special configuration. OpenBOM was designed to be a native cloud tool to support engineers and manufacturing companies working from different places and for different companies.
OpenBOM growth was amazing during the entire 2020 and I’m proud to mention some of our achievements with you.
OpenBOM was named one of the Top 30 Technologies to boost your product development by Develop 3D.
“There are many organizations claiming to solve problems in the design, engineering, and manufacturing space, but more often than not, these are more commonly solutions looking for problems. OpenBOM is one of the much rarer breed of solution that looks for and actively solves challenges that manufacturers face on a day-to-day basis – its work to better integrate design, engineering, planning, and purchasing is first class and that’s why we included them in this year’s inaugural D3D 30,” commented Al Dean, editor in chief, DEVELOP3D.
Back a year ago, we achieved G2 High Performer status and I’m proud to share that we achieved the G2 Momentum Leader Status based on the results of 2020.
Over the course of 2020, we delivered ten releases with over 100 new features and improvements. Here are just a few of the features we’ve added this year:
- An improved user experience and user interface
- One-Click BOM in all CAD add-ins to streamline the Item and BOM creation process
- Change Management, change request and approval flow
- Unmatched CAD integrations and a multi-discipline workflow
- Team sharing of Vendors, Order BOMs, PO’s, Property tables and Folders
- Company Catalogs and automatic part number assignment
- Formula and rollup control improvements
- Enhancements of REST API endpoints
- Template management improvements
- Automatic 14-days Free Trial
- Support for non-commercial subscriptions for personal user, hobbyist, and education
- Automatic Demo Data Sets (Sample BOMs, Items, Vendor lists, Property tables, PO’s and more)
- New Training Library and materials for self-learning (help and learning) including a new OpenBOM Onboarding Couse with step-by-step instructions.
- Delivered over 20 Webinars on BOM Best Practices.
Thank you to our users and customers! You’ve made OpenBOM possible and I love you all. I’m super excited about the new OpenBOM development which will be coming in 2021. OpenBOM is growing into a digital network platform that manages product data and connects manufacturers and their supply networks. I cannot wait to share more about what is coming soon. Stay tuned to our blog and news.
Meantime, you can check what OpenBOM does by registering for FREE and start a 14-days FREE professional trial just by clicking the button. If you already have an OpenBOM account, just click on the “Start Trial” button. No subscription, no annual commitment, and no credit card needed to try it out.
Best, Oleg Shilovitsky
CEO and co-founder
Want to learn more about PLM? Check out my Beyond PLM blog and PLM Book website. Read OpenBOM customer reviews on G2 Crowd to learn what customers are saying about OpenBOM.
Join our newsletter to receive a weekly portion of news, articles, and tips about OpenBOM and our community.