June 9, 2020
In this video, I talk about what is OpenBOM and how OpenBOM can help you to stop using Excel and Spreadsheets to manage Bill of Materials in your company.
In many ways, OpenBOM is different from old on-premise PLM systems, and many cloud PLM tools available on the market today. Here are the key points of how OpenBOM can help you to improve data management and streamline “design to purchase” process.
- OpenBOM is an online (SaaS) service available using a monthly risk-free subscription. Check our pricing here. OpenBOM is fully transparent about subscription and prices.
- OpenBOM is flexible and integrated with any CAD systems, capable to import data from an Excel or Google Spreadsheets. Unlike many other cloud PLM tools, OpenBOM provides state of the art integrations with CAD systems. Check more here.
- OpenBOM helps you to manage data about parts, BOM, vendors, and purchases. OpenBOM data modeling is completely flexible. You can create any property and customize the way information is managed. Check more about OpenBOM data management here.
- OpenBOM track changes, manage revisions, and change requests. Check more here and what is coming from OpenBOM – collaborative change approvals mechanism.
- OpenBOM is like Google Sheet helps you to share data with everyone you need. Check more here – data sharing, real-time collaboration, and simultaneous editing.
Check my video.
For the last few years, OpenBOM helped thousands of engineers and manufacturing companies move from messy Excel spreadsheets to organize and manage product data including Parts, Bill of Materials, Vendors, and Purchases.
Check the story about how OpenBOM helped thousands of manufacturing companies to escape from Excel hell. Register to OpenBOM now to start your process of escaping Excels and Spreadsheets
Best, Oleg @ openbom dot com.