Manage catalogs and extract BOM directly from Solid Edge
If you’re using Solid Edge for your mechanical design projects, OpenBOM gives you a direct integration with Solid Edge. The integration extracts data from Solid Edge and uploads it to OpenBOM. The integration also will keep data in sync and merge changes between Solid Edge design and OpenBOM Bill of Materials. In addition to sending BOMs, the integration is able to automatically upload 3D CAD files to connected cloud storage in 3D format and neutral 3D PDF / PDF formats..
- The embedded add-in creates BOMs directly within the Solid Edge environment
- Automatic generation of derivative files (PDF, STEP, DWG, etc.)
- Create multi-level indented BOM of product structure including hi-rez thumbnail images
- Manage which and how properties from Solid Edge designs are sent to OpenBOM
- Extend BOM by adding Rows and Columns on-the-fly
- Easily include and manage non-modeled items like glue and tape
- Create Vendor Lists and assign component Vendors
- Create Planning BOMs and Purchase Orders with a single click
- Rollup Costs, Mass and other properties from Sub Assemblies to Top Level
- Exclude unwanted properties from BOM
If you have questions, please contact OpenBOM support (support at openbom dot com)
Check step-by-step demos on how to install, configure and use OpenBOM Add-in for Solid Edge
Copyright OpenBOM (TM) 2020. Solid Edge is a registered trademark of Siemens Industrial Software.