Manage catalogs and extract BOM directly from Autodesk Fusion 360
If you’re using Autodesk Fusion 360 for your mechanical design, OpenBOM gives you a direct integration with Autodesk Fusion 360 to manage data in catalogs, create BOMs, and Autodesk Fusion 360 Drawing tables.
The integration extracts data from Autodesk Fusion360 and uploads it to OpenBOM to support downstream processes such as product lifecycle, configuration management, quality management systems, production planning, and procurement. The integration also will keep data in sync and merge changes between Autodesk Fusion 360 design and OpenBOM Bill of Materials and Catalogs. A special Autodesk Fusion 360 drawing function will place BOM in Fusion 360 drawing tables.
- Embedded Autodesk Fusion 360 add-in creates BOMs directly within the Autodesk Fusion 360 environment
- Put your OpenBOM on any Autodesk Fusion 360 Drawing as Native Fusion (editable) Table
- Create multi-level indented BOM of product structure including hi-rez thumbnail images
- Manage which and how properties from Autodesk Fusion 360 are sent to OpenBOM
- Extend BOM by adding Rows and Columns on-the-fly
- Easily include and manage non-modeled items like glue and tape
- Create Vendor Lists and assign component Vendors
- Create Planning BOMs and Purchase Orders with a single click
- Extract geometry and other part properties from Autodesk Fusion 360
- Rollup Costs, Mass and other properties from Sub Assemblies to Top Level
- Exclude unwanted properties
- Exclude parts for purchased assemblies
- Check the videos and OpenBOM training library for technical information about data model.
- Use setup to define what properties to extract from Fusion 360
- Note OpenBOM relies on Names (or Part Number) uniqueness when extracting the data and build product structure.
If you have questions, please contact OpenBOM support (support at openbom dot com)